The Food Safety Modernization Act has changed the landscape for food safety and the first step to meeting the new regulations is by understanding what the regulations are. The Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance, or FSPCA, was formed by members of academia, industry and regulators to develop and maintain an education and training program to assist the food industry with understanding and achieving compliance with the Preventive Controls regulation requirements applicable to their facilities.
This course is the standardized curriculum recognized by the FDA and completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a “Preventive Controls Qualified Individual”, or PCQI. Under the regulation, 21CFR117.180, the responsibilities of the Preventive Controls Qualified Individual include to perform or oversee 1) preparation of the Food Safety Plan, 2) validation of the preventive controls, 3) records review and 4) reanalysis of the Food Safety Plan. Upon successful completion of this course, a certification of completion will be issued by the FSPCA.
Students who attend the Safe Food Resources Preventive Controls course will:
- Learn how to develop a FSMA compliant food safety plan
- Be prepared to implement the requirements of the Food Safety Modernization Act
- Actively participate in group exercises designed to cement the learning objectives
- Receive case study examples and learn best practices through real world examples by both fellow students and FSPCA Lead Instructors
- Receive Templates for developing a food safety plan
- Receive the official FSPCA Course Book, Workbook and Certificate of Completion with FSCPA Certificate Number
- Receive meals, snacks and beverages throughout the duration of the course
- Become a Food Safety Hero!
Who Should Attend
- QA Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Technicians
- Operations Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- SQF Practitioners
- All members of the Food Safety Team
- Those who have responsibility for managing the Preventive Controls documentation
The Official FSPCA Curriculum is presented in an approved two-day format. Our class sizes are limited for maximum interaction between Lead Instructors and learners.
- Introduction to Preventive Controls
- Food Safety Plan Overview
- Good Manufacturing Practices and other Prerequisite Programs
- Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical and Economically Motivated Food Safety Hazards
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Resources for Preparing Food Safety Plans
- Hazard Analysis & Preventive Controls Determination
- Process Preventive Controls
- Food Allergen Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Supply-Chain Preventive Controls
- Verification & Validation Procedures
- Record-Keeping Procedures
- Recall Plan
- Regulation Overview: cGMP, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food
Register now for a small class sized, student paced, fun learning experience!