Preventive Control Series – Process Controls
Prior to the signing of the Food Safety Modernization Act, food processors used a HACCP based method to reduce or eliminate hazards that could be controlled in the process. These controls were known as critical control points or CCP’s. The Process Preventive Controls regulation in most cases is synonymous with CCP’s and this course is designed to help the learner convert their current HACCP Plan to Process Preventive Controls.
The course includes establishing or determining parameters and values for process controls, monitoring procedures, and corrective actions typically used for non-compliances found in the system. It also defines operating limits and critical limits and how the use of each can impact the efficiency of your process or food safety system.
Students who attend the Safe Food Resources Process Preventive Controls course will:
- Understand the differences between HACCP and Process Preventive Controls
- Determine parameters and values needed for control of the hazard identified
- Establish effective monitoring procedures for processing controls
- Establish corrective action procedures
- Understand how to convert their current HACCP Plan to Preventive Controls
- Have an opportunity to have their food safety process preventive controls program reviewed
- Receive the SFR Process Preventive Controls Work Book, FSPCA/SFR slides and SFR Certificate of Completion
- Receive meals, snacks and beverages throughout the duration of the course
- Become a Food Safety Hero!
Who Should Attend
- QA Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Technicians
- Production Managers, Supervisors and Leads
- Individuals with responsibility for monitoring processing hazards and controls points
- PCQI Individuals
- Introduction to the Process Preventive Controls Course
- Determining CCP’s versus Process Preventive Controls
- Defining Parameters and Values
- Understanding Operating Limits and Critical Limits
- Establishing Monitoring Procedures
- Corrective Action Procedures – Product and Process
- Verifying and Validation of Controls
- Putting it all together
Register now for a small class sized, student paced, fun learning experience!