Food Defense Certification
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requires food manufacturing facilities to comply with the regulations within one year after the regulation is final. That means all facilities, regardless of size must be compliant no later than 7/31/2019. Education is an important part of implementation of the Final Rule so achieving your Food Defense Certification will ensure you meet those requirements on time.
There is a growing demand for security at food manufacturing sites as intentional contamination has become a real threat throughout the United States and beyond. Will you be able to recognize this threat and take the necessary actions to protect the food your company produces? Your company’s survival could depend on your preparedness when disaster strikes. Food Defense Certification will ensure you are prepared and proactive in your approach.
Safe Food Resources has partnered with Mr. Rod Wheeler of the Global Food Defense Institute to provide a Food Defense Certification course backed by the number one food defense expert in the country. Rod is well-known in food safety circles as the foremost authority on food defense principles. He brings his years of experience as a Washington D.C. law enforcement officer and inside knowledge of terrorist psychology from his time with the Department of Homeland Security.
This exciting interactive two-day course written and taught by Rod, contains information to help you build a food defense plan that will become the tool to help you identify vulnerabilities and implement strategies to mitigate risks identified.
Who Should Attend
- QA Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Technicians
- Production Managers, Supervisors and Leads
- Individuals with responsibility for monitoring compliance to the preventive controls
- Sanitation supervisors, Technicians and Leads
- PCQI Individuals
The course is presented in a two-day format with class sizes limited for maximum interaction between instructors and learners.
- Situational Response: Product Tampering & Threat Response Workshop
- Understanding Crime and Terrorism
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Understanding SQF and GFSI Food Defense Audit Requirements
- Developing Your Facility General Security Plans and Programs
- Handling Crisis Management with Interactive Workshop
- Workplace Violence Program and Policy Development
- How to Conduct Internal Tampering Investigations
- Camera (CCTV) and Card Access Systems
Register now for a small class sized, student paced, fun learning experience!