November 14 - November 15| $795
With the signing of the Food Safety Modernization Act, many food manufacturers are converting their food safety programs from a HACCP Based System to the Preventive Controls. However, depending on your particular food products and 3rd party auditing scheme, you may still be required to develop and maintain a HACCP Based system.
This course lays the foundation for those with responsibilities for HACCP including the food safety team and those with on-line responsibilities for monitoring critical control points in your process. Each person plays a key role in identifying potentials hazards based on their job and work experience with science-based controls implemented to control those hazards and keep the consumers safe.
The Safe Food Resources Introductory HACCP Course meets the International HACCP Alliance Certification requirements and an official IHA Certificate of Completion with gold seal is awarded upon successful completion of the course and course activities.
Students who attend the Safe Food Resources Introductory HACCP course will:
- Learn how prerequisite programs are imperative to producing a safe food product
- Be able to create a product description
- Create steps in a process flow diagram
- Conduct a Hazard Analysis
- Identify Critical Control Points
- Evaluate monitoring, verification and corrective actions
- Describe elements to consider when validating a HACCP Plan
- Learn to develop a HACCP Plan based on the 7 HACCP Principles
- Receive Templates for developing a HACCP plan
- Receive the HACCP Text Book, Binder and Certificate of Completion with IHA Gold Seal
- Receive meals, snacks and beverages throughout the duration of the course
- Become a Food Safety Hero!
Who Should Attend
- QA Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Technicians
- Operations Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- SQF Practitioners
- All members of the Food Safety Team
- Those who have responsibility for managing the CCP documentation
This course is presented in a two-day format with limited class sizes. Students must actively participate in group activities to receive Certificate.
- Introduction to HACCP Principles and Implementation
- Pre-Requisite programs
- Identification of Hazards
- Principle One: Conducting a Hazard Analysis
- Principle Two: Identification of Critical Control Points (CCP’s)
- Principle Three: Establish Critical Limits
- Principle Four: Establish Critical Control Point Monitoring Procedures
- Principle Five: Development of Corrective Actions to be taken for Deviation from Established Critical Limits
- Principle Six: Establish Procedures for Verification Activities
- Principle Seven: Establish Effective Record Keeping Procedures
- Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Overview of HACCP Regulations
Register now for a small class sized, student paced, fun learning experience!