Preventive Control Series – Allergens
Allergens are the cause of most of recalls in the United States today. To reduce the number of allergen recalls, it is important that food manufacturers implement controls to reduce the risk and bring the number of recalls to an acceptable level. This can be done by developing an allergen preventive controls program.
This course is designed to help the food manufacturers meet the regulations and prevent allergen issues from becoming an issue for your facility. It includes identification of allergens, typical ways of control in the manufacturing environment, labeling and best practices in an allergen control program to reduce risk.
Students who attend the Safe Food Resources Allergen Preventive Controls course will:
- Understand how allergens are documented in the food safety plan
- Define the Big 8 Allergens in the United States
- Understand methods for avoiding allergen cross contact in the manufacturing environment
- Understand how to control raw materials from receipt to storage
- Define how cross contact in processing can be avoided through people and process
- Understand basic labeling requirements
- Understand how Supply-Chain and Sanitation Preventive Controls tie into the Allergen Preventive Controls Program
- Have an opportunity to have their food safety allergen preventive controls program reviewed
- Receive the SFR Allergen Preventive Controls Work Book, FSPCA/SFR slides and SFR Certificate of Completion
- Receive meals, snacks and beverages throughout the duration of the course
- Become a Food Safety Hero!
Who Should Attend
- QA Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Technicians
- Production Managers, Supervisors and Leads
- Individuals with responsibility for monitoring compliance to label programs
- Sanitation Supervisors, Technicians and Leads
- PCQI Individuals
- Introduction to the Allergen Preventive Controls Course
- Hazard Analysis and Allergens – The Big 8
- Cross Contact as a Risk
- Typical Methods used to eliminate or reduce cross contact risks
- Basic Labeling Requirements
- Using Suppliers to control Allergen Hazards
- Sanitation and Allergens
- Verifying and Validation of Allergen Controls
- Putting it all together
Register now for a small class sized, student paced, fun learning experience!